PDA

View Full Version : odlo = shutdown in 30 - 60 secs.

Gbenzx01
04-10-2003, 22:30
Installed cat filter under airbox after oem yesterday am & worked fine for rest of day & last nite over 200mi with several stops & shutdowns.
Installed odlo this am & started engine, ran only abt one minute & shutdown. Then spun up w/starter & no joy. Thumbed up prime pump, still no joy. Disconnect batts & set abt 4-5 mins & after long crank it fired & ran fine down the road to test odlo that worked perfectly.
Back at shop we used the Modified Plan for hi-idle install & it works exactly as he advised! Modified, may we extend ours sincere thanx to you!
But when we tried to crank same results as above. Then out to our home shop, shut down for less than one min & same results as above, will start w/o pumping but will ruin starter!
02 w/ 24500mi & all updates
Have we ruined something or just made him mad?

Thanx, Gben

Edit; Should clairify that truck sat all nite & started & ran fine thru 3 starts this am prior to odlo install.
Also, instead of start w/o pumpng but will ruin starter; we really believe it is time delay that is finally allowing it to start. Make sense Yet??? Thanx, Gben

[ 04-10-2003: Message edited by: Gbenzx01 ]</p>

Gbenzx01
04-11-2003, 15:00
Tough one huh?
But so far on the 3rd day we have let the truck set in the shop all nite with batts disconnected; woke up this am & changed fuel filter(racor/3100mi) just in case, bled with thumb pump & off to oil chg 21mi away & not even a whimper!
Up on rack chg oil & 11 zerks(thnxdpage); cranked fine & politely hushed up after 75 seconds!
Paid more attention this time since looks like mite not be no help on dp. When it does this deal we can barely hear just one missfire at the exhaust & on the count to five 5secs it quits every time! Let rest 5mins, pressed gas pedal 3 times (don't no why I did this) hit starter & it fired instantly. Did a kuku bird fly up under the hood yesterday while we had our back turned?
Now before I present this fine machine to the EX(has been) SPURTS(drips) may try autozone to see if they can scan out a code#; isn't there something abt a 0092 or 93 in rythm with control pressure sensor? Or like one guy said, go to hospital & hook up to dialysis machine!
Truck is stock throughout.

Thanx again, Gben.

mackin
04-11-2003, 17:47
Gbenzx01

You didn't forget to mention you put on one of them Turbo Temp shut down thingamabobs did ya ??? ;)

Just kidding.....

Could be way off ,but what the ......

Looking at spec sheets on a 2003 Cab and Chasse with a 6600 Duramax it has an auotmatic shutdown feature ..Sure this would have to do with extended idling times.... :confused:

Wonder if it's built into the PCM and some how you activated it,just minus the buzzer ..... :D

=&gt;# KPJ: Automatic Engine Alarm Shutdown

If that isn't possible your sucking air would be my guess.....

Check this out =&gt;http://service.gm.com/techlink/html_en/pdf/200107-en.pdf#dst12
See Duramax Diagnostic tips....

Really no way of knowing with out a Tech II ..Nothing jumps out at ya,other then air....

MAC :confused: :confused:

[ 04-11-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Gbenzx01
04-12-2003, 17:20
thnx mackin

Stepped over to techlink as ya said & yep very interesting stuff ie, the parts I understand......
But today by some kind of strange thing it started as we asked the 5th time & never tried to act like a spoiled brat by quitting on it's on!
Maybe onstar was listing to some of the choice navy words I've been using. Also I told him that if he did that one more time he was going to a stealer shop! Teach tolerance right?
Now I don't no abt u but if I was a sierra dmax & someone told me that I thinx I would sit up & fly rite don't u no?
We have had the loppy idle & the update seemed to ward it off for a while but starting to see it again = pressure sensor? Regulator? Pump itself?
Time has it's own language & silence has not been gold either.
mac, what a signature some machine!

thanx agn, Gben

Oh yes, @ autozone her scanner found no codes have been set but then she jumped up in the driver seat cranked up & said, I like that now!
She just kept on punchin it, the straight pipe.

thanx Gben

[ 04-12-2003: Message edited by: Gbenzx01 ]</p>