PDA

View Full Version : Help guys! Please a towing question

wilbs999
04-16-2003, 18:54
The whole brake problem below, has not been fixed yet, because the garage who received my truck can't get a "replacement" computer, because of a national backorder thing. Maybe none of those trucks heard about your web site?

Also, I was assured by GM service that my truck would be "flatbeded" in to the garage. The people that GM sent out, called "Torrington 4-Wheel Drive" drove into my driveway and started to hook my truck up (picking up the back wheels). My husband went outside and told the guy he was expecting a flatbed. I went outside and told the guy that he was supposed to put the transfer case in neutral before he towed the truck. He said no. If I had a 2x4, I'd have hit him.

I was told today by a friend who has operated a body shop for years, that he always flatbeded 4x4's. Any info on this?

Please, forgive the newbie designation. I'm not really a newbie. I got my truck in October of 02, and have been a member of this page since then (I'm the woman who really feels good jumping on that accelerator and having that thing practically break sound barriers). Just figured out the forum, but really, I probably will never be much help with power things. I hope that's not a problem.

Thanks guys!

mackin
04-16-2003, 20:05
Sharon

Welcome aboard .... Nothing is a problem here,please join in,ask away ....

Your question was discussed previously ...

Here => http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=004637&p=

Copy / paste .....

Take a look if you'd like .... I take it your waiting on a ABS controller ??

MAC
smile.gif

Want to see one awesome ladies truck,maybe you've seen it ?? She is a member here ..... =>http://www.picturetrail.com/dmaxdiva

Pretty sharp and inspiring ....Real Competition for us guys....

[ 04-16-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

sdaver
04-22-2003, 08:54
leave it to mac to get to the women first and have all of their picture sites memorized.....welcome sharon :D dave

Lone Eagle
04-22-2003, 21:38
Nothing wrong with towing our trucks with the front wheels down. Later! Lone Eagle :D

Penngrovian
04-23-2003, 08:30
Sharon:

Is your truck 4x2 or 4x4?

MAXImiser
04-29-2003, 19:39
Welcome Sharon!!!!! Great to see another NEWBIE using the DieselPage.I have always been told... When towing a front wheel drive or four wheel, you must always have in neutral. Hope you get your problems solved. ;) :D smile.gif

carnutsx2
04-30-2003, 10:01
For whats its worth, some All wheel drives must go on a flat bed since you cant shift the transfer case