PDA

View Full Version : JK and Bilsteins

Dawg
09-16-2004, 14:21
Last week I placed an internet order for 2 sets of Bilsteins. A set for my '02 and a set for my buddies '04.
A few hours after I placed my order, I receive and email from Kennedy Diesel asking if I really wanted to order 2 sets of shocks. I explained they were for 2 different trucks. Within minutes I received another email confirming my order.
A few more minutes go by and I have the UPS tracking number with a delivery date of 9/15.
Well, 9/15 arrives and 2 sets of shocks are at my door!
I wish all things in life were this easy. I really appreciate JK verifying that I placed my order correctly and his attention to detail. This type of service goes a long way. I will certainly make future purchases. Great Job! smile.gif

motovet
09-18-2004, 22:04
John definately does it right and he's even been known to take a call after hours now and then. :D In case you are interested a few of us are getting together next weekend. Details are in the events and rallies forum.

Dakota
09-21-2004, 15:50
Also just ordered a set of Bilsteins from JK and within 2 hours see that the internet order has been filled.

Thanks JK, I look forward to trying out the new shocks.

Kennedy
09-22-2004, 05:36
We've struggled through multiple back orders, and now seem to be on top of these pretty well. The 3500's aren't as popular, and still bet behind some times, but I've changed my strategy to ordering full skids of the 2500 fronts/rears, and a mixed skid of the 3500 fronts (same as 2500's) and rears. This makes me more popular with Bilstein as it's less of a hassle to pack than a single mixed skid...

Diesel Crat
09-27-2004, 11:40
Guys,

How much difference have those that went to the Bilstein's noticed.

I had them on my 95 1500 Chevy and they worked nice but these Diesel's are a lot heavier.

My truck seems sluggish sometimes with handling and a heavy front end bounce with all that Diesel weight up front. How much better does it feel and handle with the Bilsteins? No leaking on the front shocks which leads me to ask if the stock shocks are oil charged or gas charged?

Thanks....

Dawg
09-28-2004, 17:45
Diesel Crat,

I had about 41,000 miles and lots of trailer towing when I changed mine out 2 weeks ago. My fronts seemed to be frozen. I couldn't get them in or out. Finally got them broke free. The rears had basically no resistance in or out.
So, the Bilsteins have made a huge difference in my case. Haven't towed yet. The empty ride is much smoother and the truck does not have the "washout" feeling when cornering. I would describe it as a much more stable platform.
Took me about 1 1/2 hours (this includes a sandwich break) in the garage with basic hand tools. Time well spent.

dodgerfan
09-29-2004, 06:43
I was only about 1000 miles into my new truck when I changed to the Bilsteins... still a FIRM ride, but a big improvement in control. No more multiple bounces/jittery feeling from bumps and freeway joints. Especially improved the cornering, now it stays attached to the road if you hit a bump in a corner.

I spent about the same time (1 1/2 hours) installing mine in my driveway.

Put 'em on!

motovet
10-05-2004, 10:25
I changed mine out as well when the truck was fairly new. Two years later STILL a big improvement over those crapy stockers.

White Truck
10-05-2004, 18:51
Replaced mine with Bilsteins from JK after driving out to Montana to the Rendezvous. Wished I would have done before, as that drive got tiresome with all the bouncing going on. Big improvment. Truck only had about 6,000 miles on it, BTW

;)

Dennis