PDA

View Full Version : Driver one - driver two spontaneous switch

VaDmax2003
04-17-2003, 20:46
Today while driving my 2003 Dmax with about 5000 miles on it, and having unlocked it with the "driver #1" remote, I touched the a/c button to switch from manual to automatice climate control and just as I did this a chime rang and the dash display suddenly had driver #2 appear and the radio lost its staion settings. I did not have the driver #2 remote with me so it was not an inadvertant remote signal that generated the swap. When it was convenient I turned the ignition off and on and it still said driver #2. After cycling the lock again with remote #1 it reverted to diver #1 and after drving another 20 miles with several intemittent stops at some stores and always using the remote #1 it remained as Driver #1. Has this happened to anyone else? I hope it was just one of the "random things that happen" but we shall see. :confused:

Burner
04-17-2003, 21:01
I think that it's the silly little buttons on the door panel. They really should have placed them further forward on the door. I hit mine all the time and go into "driver 2" mode. It would be nice if you could "deactivate" the steering wheel functions. If I

Dmaxenvy
04-20-2003, 20:38
I had a driver mixup incident also...I had my 'driver 1' keys and keyfob and started my truck...it said 'driver 2'. Hmmm, I thought. I checked the number on the back of the fob, and sure enough, it said '1'. Went to get the dounuts (pregnant wife...thats my story and I'm stickin to it!), and upon startup it stated correctly 'driver 1'. Have not had another incident since, but have been watching carefully every time I start the truck. I know this probably doesn't help you, but you are not alone!

DMaxEnvy

VaDmax2003
04-20-2003, 21:51
I am glad I have "company" I do not think I accidently hit the seat button for driver 2 on the door as I was steering with my left hand and pushing the AC button with my right hand so it may be just a computer bug. My 96 suburban, on three occasions over 3-4 years, had no interior lights, dash light, power windows or radio. Once this occurred at sartup one night and another time while driving. Both were "cured" by rebooting the vehicles computer by turning the key off and on and resarting it. Incidently my microwave has also "locked up" and was cured by switching off the electrical panel circuit breaker for a few seconds, i.e., rebooting its computer. The first time it cost me a $50 service call and was done by the appliance repair person. The last time I did it my self.

FisHn2DMax
04-20-2003, 23:13
I had the same thing happen. Problem was, I hadn't had a chance to program position #2 and I thought it was going to push me right through the steering wheel. Scared the H*LL out of me!!!!

I also find my butt getting really hot only to find the Heated seats are on. Once in a while it's due to natural gas...LoL.. If your not really careful, you can easily bump the heated seat buttons or the Seat positioning buttons with your arm resting on the door. These Buttons are just in the WRONG location!!!!

It's too bad others have had this happen, but for some strange reason I feel better knowing others have this exerience too?

;) tongue.gif

conradv
04-21-2003, 14:41
Wow - I guess I'm not the only one then. I too have been jammed against the steering wheel when the gremlins decided to switch to my wife's driver 2 position... Luckilly both times I wasn't driving very fast (and no where near the buttons on the door)

mike.morris
04-21-2003, 15:35
You have another member of the big arms little buttons club. I have had the hot butt problem, the driver 2 problem, and the natural gas :D :D

The problem of the position switching while you are driving should not happen. I think that there is a safety lockout from the seat position changing while driving. Not confirmed, just tried a couple of times and I can't get my seat to change while in gear.

K1XV
04-22-2003, 21:42
I also sometimes hit the seat heater buttons and suffer from unintended rump roast. In bright daylight, the LEDs are not so easy to see.