PDA

View Full Version : Turbo whine fixed

Hillbilly Jim
10-07-2004, 15:11
While in north Misssouri my DMax lost power steerin and brakes with no charging. Had it towed to Monroe city to a small dealer. I already Knew when towed that an idler pulley had went south as I picked some parts up in the front skid shield. They repaced the belt and pully part and presto noise was gone. This whine had been with me for more than a year.
Dealer didnt have the parts and had the pully sent from Chicago. Gave me a loaner and one day later I was on the road. I was pulling about 6000 pounds when lost belt. Super service and people!
Not fun driving on SMALL TWO LANE WITH NO SHOULDER. Went about two mile to a Mo. Conservation dept office where they called for tow with no power assist.

motovet
10-27-2004, 13:32
What was the sound like? I have a new sound that is related to RPM....sounds like radio interference...a whirring sound.

Hillbilly Jim
10-27-2004, 16:53
At idle no noise then high pitched whine as RPM increase. A chevy service mgr last winter listened to it and said not to worry it was turbo, and sometimes they made a whine. Noise very noticable in cab with windows up as rpms increased, though not so noticable at cruiseing at constant RPM.
Not static sounding.
Hope this helps.
Hillbilly