PDA

View Full Version : Radio on - no sound - no chimes

conradv
04-24-2003, 09:39
Anyone else experience this?

On my '03 GMC, I opened the door stuck in the key, and no chime. At first I thought "all right!" Then I noticed that the radio (Bose) was on and the CD was playing, but no sound from the speakers.

Starting truck, turning it off, taking key out, turning lights on, opening door - no chimes.

Changed to XM, FM - no sound.

Tried my 2nd key, toggled between Driver 1 & Driver 2 - no sound.

Everything else on the truck worked as it should.

Scratched head and walked into house.

1 hour later went back out to truck, opened door - Chime sounds & radio works.

??? Computer glitch ???

FisHn2DMax
04-24-2003, 09:52
Conradv

On our 03's, the chimes, warnings and the Stereo all go through the seperate audio amp. The amp is always powered and computer controlled, even when key is out. I suspect you had a computer Glitch! I had the similar thing happen, but in reverse. The Indash Stereo/DVD wouldn't power down even when I pulled the key and got out. I got back in, restarted the truck and powered down and everything was normal again?

Only happened once and I chalked it up to a computer glitch?

:D

Jelisfc
04-24-2003, 10:03
I had the same thing happen. I guess the more advanced the computers get in our trucks the more they act like a PC. Sorry I can't race you right now I have to reboot my truck. ;)

conradv
04-24-2003, 10:21
And on the same subject, has anyone figured out how to disable the "open door/lights on" chime (or at least quiet it)? The two volume settings for the chime are "loud" and "really, really loud"

p.s. - no I don't want to tape up or disconnect the little plungers in the door.

Wayne Dohnal
04-24-2003, 11:15
My volume settings are "way too loud" and "ear shattering". It's the audio version of the high beam indicator!

Pizza Man
04-26-2003, 21:54
Take both the radio amp fuse out and the radio fuse out and put them back in.....the radio will come right back on and everything will be fine.............
smile.gif