PDA

View Full Version : Stage 5 and still a problem

Murray the Cop
11-02-2004, 05:49
I had what I thought was a slip in the 2 to 3 shift. Had a stage three done and still had the problem along with some others. I then, pretty much imediately, had a full replacement stage 5 done. I still have what seems like a delayed shift. When cold she is fine but after a Hwy. run,say 50 miles at 70+, then coming to a stop the first time through the gears it feels as though you are driving a standard and press and release the clutch in the middle of a gear except its in between 2 and 3. The problem comes and goes, sometimes it will happen just driving around town too. All taps were cleared when the tranny was installed. I have an ECM and TCM being programed now to rule them out but I really don't think they are the problem. Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks

Murray the Cop
11-03-2004, 00:37
bump

Greg McCall
11-03-2004, 06:27
For the record every time I change power levels it seems to take my tranny a week or so (normal driving) to relearn.
I recently overpowered my Suncoast Stage II and had access to and installed a high performance BullyDog transmission. Installer with a Tech II cleared the computer and did a "quick relearn". So far so good. The transmission seemed to shift nicer quicker with a Tech II relearn, than just using my Quadzilla box option for a tranny fix.