PDA

View Full Version : 94 6.5 cruise control

IndianaEnoch
05-31-2005, 11:57
Does anyone know how I can get cruise control for my 94 6.5?

DmaxMaverick
05-31-2005, 14:29
I'm not certain about the '94, but I did it on the '95. I just replaced the original non-cruise signal stalk with a cruise stalk I took out of the '95 wrecked gasser. Worked like it was there from the factory. I've heard of some ppl having to change the programming or pinning, but I didn't have to.

IndianaEnoch
06-01-2005, 03:57
From what I have learned so far is that th e95 and 94 cruise is the same, but I don't think my 94 has the wiring present. How do I find the pin assignments on the PCM? Where did you hear of someone having to find the pin connections or reprogram the PCM? I suspect I will need to find a donner 94 to get cruise control.
Thanks for the info.

rjschoolcraft
06-01-2005, 04:47
Pin assignments are in the service manuals.

IndianaEnoch
06-01-2005, 05:39
Thanks Fellow Hoosier.

Now I have to find a service manual,but I think this dog is about to catch the rabbit.

IndianaEnoch
06-09-2005, 09:15
I Did it!

I got a srvice manual and followed the wires in reverse from the PCM. They were cut under the steering column. It looks like a they were cut from the factory because they were not in the plug for the turn signal. I used a single pole double throw momentary rocker switch, and with some wire and a few splices the cruise control works! Everything has been there since 1994 except for the switch.

Just incase some one in the future needs this info: The wires were in the wiring harness under the the steering column near the plug where the wirep wires plug in. I had to unwrap a little of the tape to find them.

Pink and black is 12V
gray is on
dark green is set/decelerate
dark blue is resume/accelerate.