PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Dixie Horn

GaDixie
07-07-2005, 12:39
Didn't exactly know where to put this. I was going to put it under accessories, but thats for the HDs, so I'll put it here.

Has anyone here installed the Wolo Dixie Horn on a 1/2 ton truck? I recently purchased one, which I plan on installing in a 2002 GMC Sierra 1500. However, I can't figure out where to put it! I don't see anywhere to put the 5 horns but the bottom of the hood and the instruction say to mount the horns facing down. Can anyone help? I don't want to screw it up.

TJ Moose
07-11-2005, 13:17
I don't know the exact underhood space or layout on your exact model, but I'd say wherever you can find the space with a good ground, and not buried so far behind something that the noise gets buried. But - absolutely make sure the horns face down, as mentioned. Otherwise, they'll quickly fill up with water, mud, or whatever goo might be splashing around under your hood, and they will expire on a fairly rapid and abbreviated basis. That also means higher is better - you don't want to hit a deep puddle, and hose your horns.

GaDixie
07-12-2005, 06:15
Thanks for the response. I think I figured out a spot for it and I'll let y'all know how it works out.