PDA

View Full Version : Questions about '01 gasser Suburban

morgan
07-07-2004, 13:45
I just bought a SUV for the growing family. Great deal, just too bad it wasn't a diesel.

How can I reset the little digital message screen reads "Change Oil" (yellow pixels)? This is the same screen that says "Security" on it when the doors are opened. Hope there's an easy DIY way to reset this.

I suppose I'll have to go to Autozone or a certified dealer to read the code for the "check engine" dummy light over the tachometer? That's not too difficult. Hope the news is not too bad.

The rear passenger door windows are locked in the up position. I played with all the buttons. Former owner said that one side did this first, then other side also failed. Any suggestions?

How about this 5.3 liter engine? I haven't heard too much about it. There are not very many modification parts out there, which leads me to believe that it's not worth improving.

Here are the specs:
2001 Chevy Suburban LT, 5.3 liter w/ AT, 110kmiles, 4x4, barn doors, black with tan leather, heated seats + mirrors, climate control system.

Thanks

Rockin
07-08-2004, 04:54
A friend of mine put an exhaust in his 1500 with a 5.3 and seemed to get a performance improvement.

My 2500HD has the reset procedure in the manual. Some hand wave dance of key on, engine off 5 seconds push some button etc.