PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild kit

eazly
10-03-2003, 18:42
Where is the best place to buy and engine kit for my 1993 6.5L turbo engine. I would like to run the 18:1 pistons?

eazly
10-04-2003, 09:24
Would like to know ifthe engine rebuild kits from ebay are any good?

Jim P
10-04-2003, 16:41
I bought a rebuild kit on ebay from rebuilt diesel. com. So far I have had no problems. The pistons are Mahle and these are considered pretty good quality. If this is the company that you are considering I would just recommend that you order way before you actually need the parts because it seemed to take forever to get mine. Also I would not recommend getting any rebuilt parts from him because I have read quite a few messages on differant forums about people that were less than satisfied with their rebuilt parts. I bought a reground crank from them that was ground .020 under on the rod journals and he said that they would not be more than .010 under. I did use the crank but I dressed up the radii in the corners of the journals because much of them had been ground away. I do not think that they actually did the grinding themselves because the box had a different name on it.

eazly
10-04-2003, 21:48
Thanks for the reply. So did you get the 18:1 piston from them? Rebuilt diesel is the the company, and they do offer the Mahle pistons. How long did it take to get the rebuild kit?

eazly
10-05-2003, 17:18
Anyone else know of a good place to get engine kits from? My engine finally failed after 315,000 miles. I want to order an engine kit tommorrow. THANKS :D