PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on 99 Suburban brake recall

Little Ernie
08-13-2005, 03:27
My wife's 99 Surburban has had a real soft brake pedal for awhile, pad's are about 1/2 used.
There has been talk about a recall, local dealer said there was something but he was not sure.
Can anyone help me reference to a brake recall for a 99 1/2 ton Suburban
Thanks

G. Gearloose
08-15-2005, 02:29
Thats new body style, right?
It will likely resemble the canada recall, and apply only to the antilock engaging almost every stop when under 5mph.

rust on the knuckle and unpainted sealed bearing grows under the speed sensor, pushing it up and the air gap goes out of tolerance.

If you have the original rotors, the rotors are likely scalled and distorted especially facing the spash shield. probably since the truck was stil in warrentee... Not like GM or the dealer would have done anything for you even if you discovered it in time.

I wouldn't want OEM rotors and pads on the truck anyway, they are crap.

Beware the inboard pads wear much faster than the outboard, visible pads. The pad may be further gone than it first appears.

Also the bleeder and banjos are made of some crap metal that appears it was chosen upon its speed to deteriorate.

Did all these repairs myself on our '00 1500 because couldn't wait for GM to get its thumb out of its ars.