PDA

View Full Version : Pipe thread size on oil line to turbo?

Steve O.
03-15-2005, 20:08
Anyone have an idea? I can't seem to figure out what size this is. I'm talking about the "U" shaped oil hard line that comes in to the top of the turbo. I'm looking to tee in an oil pressure sending unit there.

As always, thanks.

Steve

diesel65
03-16-2005, 14:30
That nut on the u-shaped pipe is not pipe thread, It is a straight thread with a flare inside.

Why don't you remove the nipple in the turbo and put the tee there? That is a pipe thread.

Another question, why do you want to read oil pressure there?.....I think it won't read accurately.

LanduytG
03-16-2005, 14:46
I would have to go look but I am sure its a 3/8" flare fitting. Oil sending unit on the turbo is a bad idea IMHO.

Greg

hug
03-16-2005, 17:18
Steve O Are you going to put in a temp or oil pressure sending unit? I used a tee there for my oil temp 1/4 pipe going in the turbo under the flare. Tried to send you pictures to you from another post you had on the board would not send the pictures. Dail up how I hate it.

JoeyD
03-16-2005, 17:46
Little of topic here but would oil temp be highest as it returns to the pan? I would think any spot that has pressure will be cooled oil from the cooler and the oil that returns to the pan would be hotter as it has added heat load from the bearings, pistons or turbo. Any other opinions?