PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary transmission cooler lines

BigMikeO
10-04-2003, 10:41
Here is a story of a stupid thing that is very difficult to repair.
I removed the Auxiliary transmission cooler and in the process the steel pipe snapped off just below the fittings that goes into the Cooler. Well I thought eh I

LanduytG
10-04-2003, 11:07
I have a list of Parker part numbers so you can make up your own. It will take a bit to find them. I thought of making them up for those that want to replace the OEM line but never got around to it. Didn't think their would be enought need. I have an external filter mounted on the cross member so I come out of the trans to the filter, up to the rad then the aux cooler and out of it back to the trans. Even use the 5/16" inverted flare fittings so its very easy to install. I will hunt up the part numbers and post them as soon as I find them.

Greg

Tough Guy
10-04-2003, 12:40
Hello

Something that I have done in a pinch, was to cut the steel tubing (both ends) then flare them and add a piece of rubber hose between them to make a coupling.
This could be done so you could still drive the vehicle until you got the other info on the repair from Greg.

(on edit, you will need hose clamps on the coupling..)
Cheers

Billy V
10-05-2003, 19:34
You could replace the piece that comes out of the cooler with one of these.....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p3923bba589f046d038541a68b1acb5f4/fae69055.jpg

It is a 5/16 pipe that is 4 1/2" long. I bent one for my particular application. Notice the Nice Smooth bubble to prevent the hose from pulling off. smile.gif
I bought it in a local auto parts store, I believe it was World Wide Auto Parts. $1.50