PDA

View Full Version : CS130D

ephex
12-22-2004, 04:32
hey guys
just put my second alt on my 96 6.5 (352K and counting). did this when i noticed the tach being stupid and no charge on the gauge. after installing, i started it, no charge, no tach.started looking elsewhere for probs, tested the link from manifold to alt, and the activation terminal seemed eratic when bent, so i replaced it also. still nothing, finally took the alt back, tested bad, and got a new one. same thing...nothing. took IT back for a third same result. each time i had them test the new one before leaving the store, and each time when tested later, it puts out 11 or so volts. batteries are fully charged, i dissconnect negative before installing new, and dont notice any heavy surges when re-connecting. ANY HELP will be appreciated

Brianlar
12-25-2004, 07:06
Sounds to me like you have a short circuit in the light duty side of your wireing. Disconnect all wires from alt, then check from these to ground. If yours is like mine, you have a plastic push on connector, with two wires, And a ring terminal wire. With batteries disconnected, there should be no continuity on these wires, I think. I'll have to check for sure. It's obvious that there is a short, not so obvious where it is. :rolleyes: