PDA

View Full Version : bulletin 00044 or tray insertion

jonflies
11-16-2003, 16:04
Tried this post on the 6.5 section and didn't receive one reply. Here goes.

Just got back from the dealer, where they replaced my IP. Previously, I had contacted Chevrolet, and spoke to a women who pronounced words like liteeeAture and Kill-O-meters to find out anything I could about Chevy's stance on the effect on the warrantee if I had them install an FSD cooler.

In the introduction or Preamble in her case, she said that there was an outstanding recall on my 99 Suburban, for a tray insertion. She didn't have a clue, so I brought it to the dealer's attention. They claimed ignorance, but said they would look into it.

Yesterday, while driving my rental car around Jacksonville, I received not one but two calls indicating my truck was ready for pick up. This morning when I showed up, the two service writers claimed that no one to this point had opted for the recall, because it involved drilling holes in the dash and adding a platform, which supposedly aids in the deployment of the airbag, if the passenger doesn't have their seat belts on. They both asked, "you don't want that, do you?" They already had the "decline" statement on the paper work and had told me my truck was ready.

Is there anyone out there that knows about this, before I raise a stink?

By the way, they refused to install the fsd cooler I had overnighted from Kennedy, and charged a cool $100.00 to change the "separator".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------