PDA

View Full Version : Duramax in Suburban for "07"

Coldfront
01-26-2005, 18:32
Hi folks! just heard from the GM rep that the Dramax is on for "07" in the Suburban. No allision (they cant fit it in) So start saving your pennies I will be. Regards Jim, your source for Chevys in No. Illinois

Heartbeat Hauler
01-27-2005, 09:46
So if the allison won't fit does that mean the 4L85E has to do the shifting chores? Can you say detuned Dmax or second gen. V6 dmax? I wonder if they can actually make the 300+ HP and 520ft.lbs. work with the 4 speed auto. Sure will be better than this 6.0 I have now.
JP

javadog
01-28-2005, 07:57
This is big news. Lean on that guy for some more details. How about the ZF manual transmission?

Coldfront
01-28-2005, 19:50
OK! I'll see what I can find out. No tellin when he'll stop in the dearship again though. jim

tanker
01-29-2005, 01:42
What I caught in the wind some time ago regarding the Duramax in a suburban was that the Allison would make it too high for women,and passengers to enter and exit the vehicle. :rolleyes: The next wind that blew through mentioned the new generation V-6 Duramax that would be using a cousin of the 4L80E transmission, with less torque and horsepower than its big brother the V-8, 6.6 Duramax.
Diesels are comming to many vehicles in the next couple of years to help get the fuel mileage up for the new government regulations.
This is all hear-say from some reliable sources, but believable. ;)

DarylB
02-01-2005, 21:15
Originally posted by Steve Rathburn:
This is big news. Lean on that guy for some more details. How about the ZF manual transmission? Very doubtful on a manual tranny in a suburban today. You can hardly find one in a (GM) pickup nowadays. The last year a manual was put in a burban was in the early 80's and then they discontinued the option.

Colorado Kid
02-02-2005, 14:07
Well I see I made the right choice by giving up on waiting . . .when I started reading this board, in Spring 2001 the D-max Suburban was due as a late 2002 Model. When I bought my 2002 D-max (in Feb. 2002) the D-burb was supposed to be here for 2003. By last September, when the rebates and low intererst rates reached the point that we, expecting our 3rd child, could no longer resist buying a gas engined Suburban, it was a sure thing for 2006. I still say now what I said then . . .I'll believe it when I see it, and I'm not holding my breath.

I might still buy one, if they ever build it, but I'm not as impressed with the D-max now as I was in '02 and I already have a pretty nice Suburban. We'll see.

Diesel Dave
02-03-2005, 19:28
Sounds like GM needs to start thinking "Doghouse"
redesign the center console ( junk collector ) A Dmax without a Allison would be so wrong. Just a thought..............DD :D :D

Coldfront
02-08-2005, 20:13
Contributor
Member # 4184

posted 02-02-2005 01:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well I see I made the right choice by giving up on waiting . . .when I started reading this board, in Spring 2001 the D-max Suburban was due as a late 2002 Model. When I bought my 2002 D-max (in Feb. 2002) the D-burb was supposed to be here for 2003. By last September, when the rebates and low intererst rates reached the point that we, expecting our 3rd child, could no longer resist buying a gas engined Suburban, it was a sure thing for 2006. I still say now what I said then . . .I'll believe it when I see it, and I'm not holding my breath."

We'll one thing is for sure there won't be any rebates. I also have heard the rumors. This is the first time I've heard it from GM. Jim your source for Chevrolets in Northern IL.

OC_DMAX
02-12-2005, 07:27
I have heard Model Year 2008 for the DMAX Sub. It would be available in fall 2007. This is from an individual that supplies components for the DMAX engine and works directly with the design organizations.

Just more for the rumor mill.