PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap time?

mcp1810
03-16-2005, 08:38
I have '94 K2500 suburban with 227k miles. I am leaking pressure from an unknown source into the cooling system. I have not had the coolant sniffed for hydrocarbons yet. As I am planning on keeping this truck for at least ten years, should I bother with diagnosing and repairing this one or should I just go ahead and get that nice 300 horsepower number from Peninsular while I have the money?

More Power
03-16-2005, 12:36
Sounds like you have a head gasket leaking compression pressure into the cooling system.

There are less expensive ways to get a 300-hp low compression engine, but Peninsular sells an excellent turn-key engine.

If you're installing their matching marine fuel injection system (mechanical), you might want to look at the PCS Electronic Transmission Controller (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/pcstrans.htm) product review, which will maintain 4L80-E control.

MP

mcp1810
03-16-2005, 22:12
I am trying to balance the money vs convenience thing. What I need is reliability and of course a little more power. Other than a big bore exhaust, intercooler and transmission controler, is there anything else I would need to modify to make this work? :confused: