PDA

View Full Version : GMC Hauler/Update On Scanner?

rjwest
03-16-2005, 10:11
Any more good info on the scan tool.

Have you been able to read Fuel temperature?
I was getting 125 Degrees, ?? seemed high...

Also, How easy was it to do a cylinder balance test...?

GMC Hauler
03-16-2005, 15:52
We havent worked on it in a while. Jay told me they were going to do something for a few months, I dont remember what it was. There will eventually be another version coming out, that will work with bi-state sensors and data i.e. on or off, ect. That will open up the door for more sensors.

It works with most all sensors for the engine. It doesn't do any transmission sensors as of yet except for trans temp. I will work with them in the future on this. I have been reading the service manuals about the transmissions, and see that there is more work we can do to include the transmissions.

I bet they have probably included the transmission sensors (most) in other vehicle releases, but need to be added to the "6.5" list. That should be easy.

I have had no problems with the fuel temp readings. Was the 125 reading after driving for a while? What was the weather at your location?

The cylinder balance test is easy. You just select the cylinder you want to test in a pulldown menu, and it sends the command. A second later, that cylinder cuts out, and idle is rougher and idle speed drops. it lasts for a few seconds and then returns to normal. Nothing to it.

I need to get contact them and continue to update the software.

markrinker
03-16-2005, 16:00
Have they added you to the payroll yet? Sounds like they should!

GMC Hauler
03-16-2005, 16:51
I wish!!!!

I contacted him with this:

Jay,

I remember you were telling me about you guys taking a break. I am realizing that there are some transmission information and commands we can include in the software. You may have already done this for another vehicle, as the transmission is the same for the trucks and Suburbans and such (4L80-E), and the same across many years.
When is your release coming out that will allow bistable sensors?

And he replied with this:

Tranny is June. We have some for beta testing starting this Friday. Body will also be testing then too. Are you game? Nobody tests like you!

Any questions????

CareyWeber
03-16-2005, 17:51
Will it do brake codes?

Will it reset the Anti-Lock brake light?

Carey

GMC Hauler
03-16-2005, 20:07
Not yet. I haven't seen any of those. Can you direct me to those in the service manual so I can have them included?