PDA

View Full Version : Truck Trend magazine!

More Power
01-28-2005, 12:58
Those with a subscription to Truck Trend magazine are just now receiving their Mar/Apr 2005 issue. If you're not a subscriber, be sure to pick up a copy to see Part II of the "Need for Speed" article covering TDP's Duramax Diesel Hot-Rod. :D

I expect Part I, that appeared in the Nov/Dec 2004 issue, could appear online on Truck Trend's web site before long. I'll post a link if it does. smile.gif

MP

tanker
01-29-2005, 01:49
Nice Jim, Just received my copy this week. Will we be seeing the "Power Project Truck" in Salt Lake City at this years Rendezvous? :rolleyes:

More Power
01-29-2005, 11:13
Unless plans change between now and then, we plan to drive it to Utah... :D

MP

mtomac
01-31-2005, 14:02
what programming were you running with the nitrous on the 12.8 pass?

More Power
01-31-2005, 15:33
Due to the TT editorial deadline, I resorted to a stack, with a Predator and Edge on level 5 + nitrous. I had high hopes for the JK competition VanAaken, but the trans was causing an issue during testing. As it was explained to me, the problem was due to torque converter over-run causing the TCM to torque-manage ECM fueling.

I'll be installing a performance trans this spring that should allow me to run just about anything. The VanAaken is wicked! The truck will likely be well into the 12's without nitrous (but smokey).

I'll also be using another programmer that eliminates the speed limiter altogether, and raises the governor. The Predator can raise the speed limiter to just 110, so I had to be creative with tire size/gearing programming to get the speed into the range I needed. :cool:

MP

DmaxMaverick
01-31-2005, 15:52
The Predator can raise the speed limiter to just 110, so I had to be creative with tire size/gearing programming to get the speed into the range I needed. Custom programming can bypass this. Give them a call.

BMDMAX
02-01-2005, 10:21
With the trans, good programming or a stack and a properly tuned nitrous setup you will be easily in the 11's.

More Power
02-02-2005, 09:24
The traction bars and rear disc brakes should help improve the launch, and a perf trans should help maintain fueling through upshifts. Lots to tinker with…..

DmaxMaverick – Thanks, I’ll look into custom programming for the Predator. I also have a a few other programmers here that I've borrowed for use in an upcoming product summary on programmers/tuners. One of them has those features.

BMDMAX – Yes, it should be in the 11’s…. I’d be OK with that. Who knows what the future holds….

I heard yesterday that the DHRA may be working with the Spokane track for a diesel event this summer. :D

MP