05-05-2004, 18:50
These photos were taken yesterday.

See where we are.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/duramax/project2-15.htm

I'll be all red by tomorrow....

MP

More Power
05-13-2004, 10:14
The truck was picked up last Friday evening from the paint/body shop. Looks great! Since then, the grille and interior have been installed, and the installation of several other misc components is nearing completion.

The tires/wheels chosen for the project were 2003 Chevy Silverado SS 20" wheels and Goodyear Eagle radials in size 275/55R20. They fit well without any fender/bumper interference, and they look great. I may have to eventually install a set of front fender flares like those used on the 2500/3500 series trucks. The wheel offset looks to be the same as the original stock wheels, but these tires are about a foot wide.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/images/projecttires-wheels.jpg

I'll have another update article once the work has been completed and the truck detailed.

MP

DmaxMaverick
05-13-2004, 11:34
Looks great!

Those wheels dwarf the brake rotors. They are in there, right?

More Power
05-13-2004, 20:05
They're in there somewhere.... When the pocket book recovers, I'd like to install some trick rotors and multi-piston calipers...

I actually drove the truck for about 10 miles today - on the highway, after getting the JK exhaust & Bilsteins installed. Scoots...

MP

CleviteKid
05-14-2004, 17:40
Everyone please note the smilie introducing MP's post above. Since the Forums started, MP has ALWAYS used the BLUE ARROW as his post indicator, but when he very conservatively reports that the new project "scoots" he used the smilie smilie for the FIRST TIME EVER ! ! !

So, Dr. Lee cleverly deduces that we are gonna see one extreeeeeeeeeeeeemely fast truck !!

Way to go, MP ! ! ! !

you know who :cool:

tanker
05-15-2004, 04:19
Sounds great, looks great, and it scoots! :D
Gee Dr. Lee, see what a "stinkin-turbo" will do!! :D Hmmmmmmmmm! ;)