PDA

View Full Version : B&W gooseneck install

carco
10-02-2004, 15:27
Just installed a B&W Gooseneck hitch assy in the truck today. First install of this type I've done. Started reading instructions then measureing for the bed cut and second guessing the instructions and my measurements. Double chked everything and drilled pilot hole into bed floor to start saw. Used an air hack saw to cut out 4" hitch hole, hole fit precisely and all went great!!!! The instructions are very clear, well written. Took 4 hours, but that includes second guessing, 3 phone calls, drink break, etc. Could do this job in closer`to 2 hours next time. Only problem was heat shield removal under bed, over exhaust, to access hitch plate install and install bolts. The torx headed bolts stripped out due to bolts already seized to cross members, just air cut aluminum shield out enough for hitch, hitch is now the heat shield! B&W product install so far as advertised.
Now looking for a cargo trailer with living quarters up front with space to carry the toys in rear. 30' to 36' gooseneck triaxle trailer. Also if someone has an orphaned B&W 5th wheel companion hitch to sell let me know.

Billman
10-02-2004, 17:47
B&W has an excellent product.

My first install took 3 hrs. By myself.

Second... about 1/2 the time.