PDA

View Full Version : Where to Mount Brake Controller

CareyWeber
12-13-2003, 11:02
Where did you mount your trailer brake controller in your 1995-2000 GM fullsize truck?

I have throught about making it removeable and mounting it to my pull out cup holder, so that when not in use it could be kept in the glove box.

I do not want to drill holes in my dash.

I also think it should be where I can reach it to manually appy the trailer brakes.

Any have pictures.

ps I did look at Howie's site

Carey

HowieE
12-14-2003, 13:15
Keep in mind you that controller mounted were you and or a passenger can get to the manual button and were it will support a panic application. If the trailer goes into oscellation you will need that manual button close at hand.

CareyWeber
12-14-2003, 15:48
Howie,

The panic situation is the reason I don't want to mount it down low on the dash.

I was look around for pics of mounting pic and on the Ford F-150 site I saw one mounted to the left of the driver and at the very bottom of the dash where it can't be reached at all. :rolleyes:

I also thought about making a bracket that mounted to the floor that would postion the controller just to the right of the drivers right leg and just above the seating surface.

Carey

Kidd
12-19-2003, 20:50
Mounted my controller on my 98 just to the right of the steering column.. out of the way, but I can hit the button in a hurry if necessary.

K.D.

CareyWeber
12-20-2003, 05:47
KD,

Did you drill holes in the dash panel?

Is yours removable?

I don't want holes in my dash, and I'd like the controller to be removeable.

Carey

roadrat68
12-21-2003, 15:53
I have my brake controller mounted to the lower right of my steering wheel about knee height, near the console of my truck. it works well their I have no problems reaching the controller for oh **** stops. I used automotive double sided tape to adhere it to the dash piece I just had to pull it off the other day to turn my truck into the dealership and their was just a little residue left to clean up. all I had to use was this stuff called Goo Gone. I can get pics if you want when I put it in my new truck on Tuesday. just leave me you email address. Kevin.................