PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic - Need front air shocks

oldmansax
12-18-2003, 10:10
I know this is the towing forum but this seemed a good place to ask. My apologies for off topic post. I see just about everybody on the forum likes Bilstein shocks. Does anybody know where I can find air shocks for the front axel on my '99 K3500? I installed a snow plow & it just irks me when I pick it up & the front goes down. Thanks!

tanker
12-19-2003, 02:59
I'm not sure the air shocks if available will help your problem with the front end dropping when lifting your plow. My son has a 1990 K-3500 SRW with a "Boss" power-vee snow plow, (about as heavy as it gets) and his does go down some. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it. You may want to add more load adjustment to the torsion bars, but then again you don't want to mess up your front end alignment. smile.gif

oldmansax
12-19-2003, 12:09
Hi Tanker! I don't know if you remember but we met once in Port Royal,Va. at Hornes... both of us were fueling.

Anyway, I don't plow commercially; I just plow a couple of friends & churches. BUT, I'm about 30 miles of twisty road to and from anywhere so driving at night with the plow is the pits. If I adjust the lights higher, they are too high without the plow. It's really no big deal, I just need to replace the shocks & thought, why not air if I can find them.

My best to you & yours & Merry Christmas!

tanker
12-19-2003, 14:14
Hi oldmansax, yes I do remember you refueling down at Horne's. In regards to your front end, I spoke with my Son who does commercial plowing with his K-3500. He said you need Timbren helpers (www.timbren.com) They will prevent sag when lifting the plow, and still allow a normal ride when empty. By the way are you not using aux plow lights? They can be adjusted for the plow weight and your OEM lights when its off. Hope this helps, and maybe we will cross roads again.
Merry Christmas, and a great New Year to you and yours in 2004. smile.gif