PDA

View Full Version : 2003 GMC Duramax

Eddie Woolfolk
12-19-2004, 06:15
I have a 2003 Duramax. In September I noticed it was louder than normal. However, the fuel mileage was improving at the same time. I just assumed it was getting broke in good. It had about 70,000 miles on it at that time. The first part of November, the noise was getting worse. I took it into my dealer. At this time, it had a little over 100k on it. They told me there was a bad (#4)injector. So they replaced it. After they did this, they noticed a noise in the (#7) injector. They replaced it. Then, they noticed a noise coming from the (#8). All this was during three different trips to the dealer. The last time, Friday, they told me to take it home and drive it until they get a ruling from GM on whether they are going to pay for anything or identify that they may have a problem. I took it home (28 miles) and parked it. Yesterday, saturday, I was heading to a destination about 100 miles away. I had traveled about 30 miles and my "low oil pressure" alarm came on. I stopped, checked oil, Oil OK. Went to a Jiffy Lube, had the oil changed and the pressure came back up. However, there was diesel fuel in the oil. Apparently something from something from the last visit to the dealer. I then took it back home and parked it and will take it back to the dealer on Monday. To make a long story short, GM is saying they have had no problem with any 2003's and are not wanting to cover anything under my extended warranty. After the second one, they did agree to do a cost share. Now that the third one is bad, I don't know what's going to happen. I want them to replace them all. Is anyone aware of any history of injector problems with the 2003's. There may not be a lot of them that have over 100k on them like mine does. Thanks,

More Power
12-19-2004, 13:17
The Extended LB7 Fuel Injector Warranty (http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/lb7injectorwarranty.htm) was originally written for the 2001 & 2002 model year LB7's. Since then, the warranty has been extended to include the 2003's.

There is no "cost sharing", for replacing the fuel injectors under this relatively new warranty coverage. GM picks up the tab till either 7 years or 200,000 miles. However, incidentals like a fuel tank cleaning and/or fuel filters could be on your tab.

GM began recommending replacing all eight injectors in one fell swoop, instead of piecemeal. I suspect the GM higherups are balking at the service procedures at your dealership more than they are about fixing your truck.

MP

Eddie Woolfolk
12-19-2004, 14:07
Thanks, I appreciate the response. I looked at that warranty but it doesn't specifically say anyhting about the 2003's in it. It just looks like the 2001 & 2002 was extended. Do you know of a document that states the 2003's are included? Thanks,

More Power
12-20-2004, 07:48
I haven't see the doc that includes the 2003's but it has been discussed in the Duramax 6600 forum here in this BB. You could do a search in that forum, or you could call the customer assistance center. The number is in your owner's manual.

Let me know what develops,

MP