PDA

View Full Version : 5th Wheel hitch

GM3
01-12-2004, 20:09
I am waiting for my new D/A L/B to arrive at the end of this month. It is replacing a '98 GMC gasser. I want to install an new 5th wheel hitch - 16,000 lbs. Any suggestions?

ropinfool
01-13-2004, 11:26
B&W turnover ball w/companion 5th wheel hitch!!!! Good Luck. John

Colorado Kid
01-15-2004, 13:39
I'll second that. One of the best 5th wheel hitches when you're using it. A completely unobstructed bed when you're not. And a bonus gooseneck ball in case you ever decide to hook a horse trailer or a 28' flatbed.

I don't have one (B&W), but I will on the next truck . . . if I can wait that long. I've already ruined the bed floor with the rails for my Reese (Same as Drawtite, similar to Huskey) with a rocking head and a slider. Mine's harder to intall and remove, clanks and clunks whne in use and leaves the blasted rails crossways on the bed floor all the time. I can't slide anything longer than 36" into the bed. I always have to climb in and set the load down.

My Father-in-law learned from what I told him . . .he actaully thought he'd get a hitch like mine because the '88 he was replacing had one of the old full-width monsters that dropped into permanant braces which spanned the wheel wells. It took a man and a boy to get that thing out of the truck, and it didn't pivot side to side at all. I told him what I've told you and he went with the B&W Turnover Ball and 5th Wheel Companion hitch for his 2003 2500HD. He's happy with it.

MikesToy
01-16-2004, 18:03
I have a Husky 16K with the underbed mounting kit. It works great and would recommend it to anyone. The others (like BW) are great but more money than I wanted to spend.

Mike