PDA

View Full Version : Kelderman Air Suspension

Stephen1
01-22-2004, 13:33
Anyone have a Kelderman Air Suspension? It looks like a really cool system. Good or bad experiences?

http://www.keldermanairride.com/kelderman_air_ride.htm

Thanks!

Steve

mdadgar
01-24-2004, 00:58
I've had one on my truck for a year now. It definitely smooths out the ride on choppy pavement.

MISERABLE install experience, due to the installer I chose. Fault not in any way due to Kelderman. In fact, Kelderman provided a level of customer service that I've never experienced before. I can wholeheartedly recommend them.

The choice of installer is CRITICAL. Pick a shop that has done a lot of truck suspension work or do it yourself. It's not particularly hard, and having seen it done (twice) now, I'd probably opt to do it myself in the future.

I wish the 4-link rear had been available when I ordered (although I notice it's still not available for the short box).

It will also show up the weaknesses in your shocks pretty quickly. I'll likely upgrade to Bilsteins in the near future.

- Mark

Mike330R
01-26-2004, 09:17
How would these bags work off-road on a 6" lift truck?

I am looking for somethong better for the rear end. The lift kit uses blocks and I'd like something that works better.

Thanks for any info.

LA DMAX
01-26-2004, 20:44
Mike330,
I personally don't have any experience with Kelderman, but I have been over on their web site. Take a look, they have a Dodge that they lifted with just air bags. Looks pretty nice. I would give them an email and ask. They seem to know what they are doing out there. Hope it helps.

LA DMAX

Mike330R
01-29-2004, 16:42
Thanks for the info, I will give them a call.

That Dodge has a solid front axle.