PDA

View Full Version : Need new tires

konacat
06-13-2004, 02:05
Well I

Mudflap
06-13-2004, 03:23
Michelins are good, I hed them on my last truck. This time I went with Goodyear AT/D LT245/75 16 E. So far I have just over 50,000 miles on them and I have no complaints. We pull a 34' foot fiver with 19,800 weight for truck and trailer. I will buy another set of Goodyears. I got them at Sam's Club. My 2001 Duramax also has single rear wheels. One thing, the GM aluminum wheels have a habit of practically welding themselves to the hubs especially on the rear. If this happens to you, and you have to change a tire, you can loosen the lug nuts and rock the truck back and forth to break it loose. Fortunately this hasn't happened lately, but it did happen with the Uniroyals that came with the truck.

letsgo
06-13-2004, 15:46
This is just a Question???

When you buy from Goodsam or Cosco do you also get a national warantee with the tire manufacturer????

If you buy at the discount stores in Canada You get an international warantee that is not recognized by anyone but the seller or who ever the 3rd party was that sold the product to the discount store.

personally the only tire supplier that I noticed through out North America was Goodyear.

good luck

a5150nut
06-13-2004, 20:28
Check out Cooper tires either online or find a dealer near you. Shop several dealers as there is difference in prices for the same tire. US made, nation wide coverage,and one hell of a tire. I run the 285 SST on mine but they have several designs and lots of sizes. and they have E load range too.

rjwest
06-14-2004, 15:01
Ditto on Cooper, They are great on Pro rating
any defects ( if any ).
I had 2 with checking on sidewalls with about 70k
miles. ( I was running overloaded ).
They prorated me 50% on a new set of Bigger/Higher load range tires.

But they do ride a little hard.