PDA

View Full Version : Scary trailer day. Luckily never left driveway.

Rockin
02-02-2004, 09:17
Sunday we were headed out for a horse riding lesson. We just haul the horse(s) around town in a 3H bumper which is an easy haul.

Everything was hooked up and we were about ready to load the horse. I kept looking at the wheels and something didn't look right. On a whim, I looked under the trailer and notice the front end of the front axle's leaf spring was completely snapped. We'd been hauling that way for a few weeks and only noticed a little unexplained vibration. ...Got lucky there.

Then, we decided to just hook up the big LQ gooseneck. About the time we had it hooked up, one of the recently replaced Grade 8, 1/2" bolt heads snaps off the hitch mount. Needless to say, we weren't going anywhere that day. The friends truck is going to get a new B&W to replace that old thing.

sonofagun
02-04-2004, 11:56
Rockin,

Not a nice day but at least a safe one.(driveway time only)

Bob

GARY PAGE
02-25-2004, 16:27
Yes 2 days prior to going on vacation I took the truck to have the tires rotated and balanced, against my better judgment that close to the trip. I knew better than to fix what ant broke but what the heck. The day I got ready to hook up the travel trailer I went around and checked tires just before hooking up. The back inside dual was almost flat. I drove the truck back the GM truck center and it was a failed valve stem. I had all stems replaced with high pressure stems. The place where I bought the tires, not the GM truck center had put in new stems designed for cars, not trucks. Glad we checked