PDA

View Full Version : Question for Arveetek

radrecon69
06-15-2004, 03:10
I don't know if this is the right forum for this question but Arvee I got a 1976 Avion La Grande and the Frig in it need new seals the door and the freezer doors don't seal it is a Domentic (I think that is how you spell that) do you sell the seal or is there something you can do to get the old ones ply able enough to seal? the freezer looks like my house during the winter with all of the icles hanging in the front

Thank
Rick

arveetek
06-15-2004, 07:45
Wow! A '76 model and the fridge still works? That's fantastic!

It's actually a Dometic refrigerator, and you should still be able to get the seals. They're not cheap though. Around $85 for the last set I got. If you want a set, I'd suggest you contact your local RV dealer, and give them the model number of your fridge, which I suspect may be an RM100. If you open the lower door, look in the lower left corner door frame for a metal tag with the model number and serial number on it. It will probably begin with RM, followed by three or four numbers, such as RM100, or RM763.

If your seals are in good condition, not ripped or any chunks missing, then you might try applying a little vaseline jelly to the seals...see if that helps.

When you close the doors, to the seals touch the frame? If not, you may have to adjust the doors somehow to get them to touch. Somtimes you have to add spacers to the doors to lift them up so that they don't drag and will close properly.

Somtimes the seals will get a small hole in the bottom, and the magnetic strips fall out completely. If that happens, the seals won't work well at all.

Casey

HowieE
06-15-2004, 08:40
General Electric used to have a progrom of a new Refrigerator fore the oldest one still running. You should contact Dometic and see if they have such a program. You are clearly a contender.

radrecon69
06-17-2004, 03:42
Casey

Thanks for the info everything on this Avion is original and works now I can't wait to start using it (it is my retirement rig) I am going to run down today and check out about buying new seals again thanks

Rick