PDA

View Full Version : Delivering Travel trailer

radrecon69
03-12-2005, 04:00
Has anyone delivered travel trailer for a living. Since I have OFFCIALLY retired out of the Military thinking of doing this but want to know if there can be a little spare change to be made. I thinking of working for Classic Transport.. What does a DOT Truck inspection look at I have to gwt one done on the Dually before I can drive for them

Thanks

Rick

cos
03-27-2005, 20:25
Rick,

I checked out trailer hauling before getting into the car hauling business, and found that, unless you are doing it on a retired or semi-retired basis, you are not going to make any money. Typically, you'll see about .95cents per mile one way. This has to cover your diesel, truck payment, hotels, food, maintenance, liability insurance (apx. $6000/year) and any other incurred costs (ie: windshield breaks). Most of the time, you will be dead heading back and earning no money,but some trailer brokers will give you a return load that pays next to nothing because they know you'll take that over nothing. Look into car hauling.... it pays much better. Drop me a line if you have any questions, csmo1026@aol.com