PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Gooseneck Flatbed Brand

joed
06-22-2004, 13:50
My friend is in the market for a gooseneck flatbed that would be used primarily for hauling 2 jeeps.

Would probably need to be about 26' long (bed portion), and need to only be about 8-10k in capacity. Most of the ones I've seen are higher capacity, therefore higher unloaded weight.

Can anyone recommend a trailer brand/source, or know if such a beast is made?

Thanks. Joe.

Tractor
06-22-2004, 18:59
joed
www.natm.com (http://www.natm.com) is a trailer web site that gives you more trailer makers then you can imagine. a tandem axle gooseneck with 6,000lb axles is as light as you would want to go. That should have 6 hole 15 inch wheels on the trailer. You never know what it could be used for after you buy one.
TRACTOR

Colorado Kid
06-24-2004, 11:21
Superior Trailers in Commerce City will build to your specs . . . a buddy of mine had them build a 28' Gooseneck for his Scout and her Jeep. He pulls it with a 2002 2500HD. His dad pulled it empty one time with his '94 K1500 6.5TD and thought it was "kinda heavy!" . . . about 5,000# by itself with rated Gross Weight of 15,800#. I'm assuming you mean payload of 8,000 - 10,000#, since two Jeeps are going to weigh that much (at least that much if they're built enough that he want's to trailer them). I don't think you'll find anything a whole lot less than 5,000# empty.

Check out Superior, you're close enough to stop by. Superior Trailers Link (http://www.superiortrailer.com/)

joed
06-24-2004, 14:22
Hey, thanks for the info!

Colorado Kid, next time I'm in Platteville I'll have to look for your truck. I get up there occaisionally.

Joe.

Colorado Kid
06-25-2004, 05:41
Joe,
I'm a few blocks due west of the Double Tree, but the 2500HD is usually either hiding in the garage or gone. If the '96 is home it'll be out front. They're both the same shade of red. You find a bright red pickup and a flagpole with the colors flying you've found my place. :D