PDA

View Full Version : Installing 5th Wheel 7 Pin Light/Brake Plug

MaxRock
07-02-2004, 06:28
Do all trucks come with a harness installed for the in bed 7 pin connector? I think I read somewhere that the harness is there, all you have to do is terminate it into the connector of your choice.

If this is true, where can I find the harness? Is it tied up somewhere?

Thanks,

MaxRock

Rockin
07-02-2004, 08:33
The harness is an option. Don't know how many dealers would order without it. Look between your bed and cab on the driver's side. You should see some wire bundled up and zip tied to the back of the cab. Took me 1/2 hour to figure that out when taking delivery of the truck.

Yes, just hook it up to your plug. Mine is in the inside of the bed in front of the driver side wheel well.

MIKE WIENER
07-02-2004, 15:01
This harnes is the camper harnes on the sticker. it is a option. not to comen any more. It was under the bed on drivers side by filler neak. Wires were clearly labled as ther use. It is pluged in at the back behind the hitch plug. So it could be aded after the fact.

MIKE

White Truck
07-03-2004, 11:24
RPO (Regular Production Option) code for the camper/5th wheel harness option is UY2

MaxRock
07-06-2004, 11:59
Thanks for the input. I don't believe that option is on my truck. I'll see how much the stealer wants for the harness.

Thanks again!

MaxRock

Gruffid
07-18-2004, 09:19
You can get it from the GM parts dept. I went through three dealers who didn't even understand what I was talking about. Finally, I found one who - after about 30 min of describing it and rejecting what he thought it might be - found it. I paid $90 for it - listed $150.

Part #: 15072794

Enjoy.

JT