PDA

View Full Version : Allstate RV Insurance ?

Davis
04-02-2005, 06:12
Hi, Do any of you have Allstate insurance on your RV. If so have you had any claims and how was the service ? Also are their premiums more or less expensive than other companies ? Thanks for any info. Davis

DA BIG ONE
04-03-2005, 03:36
Originally posted by Davis:
Hi, Do any of you have Allstate insurance on your RV. If so have you had any claims and how was the service ? Also are their premiums more or less expensive than other companies ? Thanks for any info. Davis When shopping for insurance "any insurance" always shop around, and bring chestwaders for those moments when it starts to pile up high!

Here in Florida we have price swings as much as $1,000.00 for the same coverage.

Also, be aware that in some states, again like Florida allow the insurance company to drop you for what they call frequency of claims.
Example; This past year I had 3 losses within a 12 month period on 3 of my vehicles "same policy", none were mine or family members fault, in each case other insurance companies paid for losses, and returned my deductables, still got dropped. Prior history, was in 1988 and then the other persons insurance paid for losses. Allstate has a policy that prevents dropping you in such cases, I now use them and I am very happy with them and their service.

JeffsTowTruck
04-03-2005, 07:26
There is no way to tell the price difference without you checking. Be sure you quote the same policy limits and dedutibles and any extras with each co. you check with. You have to keep every body on the same page. Allstate does give you a discount on multi. policies, such as your house and car also good driver disc. an others. Just call any agent.
I have had them for about 17 years with several claims and worked there for 7. I have my House, cars, camper, motorcycle and even my golf car with them. They have very good claim handling (I should know)and they are big on customer satisfaction. I feel if you stick with the big 3 or 4 insurance company's you should get good service.

Davis
04-03-2005, 17:29
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.That helps. I currently have insurance with State Farm but I am seeking lower premiums with good service and Allstate might be the ticket. Davis

Heartbeat Hauler
04-04-2005, 11:22
Originally posted by Davis:
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.That helps. I currently have insurance with State Farm but I am seeking lower premiums with good service and Allstate might be the ticket. Davis Davis,
You might also wanna check out "The Good Sam Club". Along with great info on places to RV they also have purty good RV insurance, car, and personal, i.e. health ins. They can also offer other services such as mailbox service, like if you are traveling all over the country, they will forward your mail to wherever you are, and it's real handy in case of emergency folks can get a hold of you via their message service. If we ever start full-timin' or at least travel a few months a year, I believe we will do that.
JP

rjwest
04-04-2005, 12:20
Just Got a New/Used Truck camper.
Called Allstate to add it on my policy.

Quoted: 13$ every 6 months.?

supposed to cover liability,( On or Off truck )
And collision and comp for 9000$( 1000 Deductable )
I do have home owners and and umbrella with them)

Seems very cheap, But been with them for
35 plus years.. Have to see what the new policy reads when I get it...