PDA

View Full Version : Jayco talon zx 5th wheeler f35y

mimi2005
11-29-2005, 17:26
Hello,
For the first time to my life, I am planning to buy a 5th wheeler. I will use primary to transport my race car and to live in it during the racing. I find that talon ZX F35Y is what I need it. Are here any owners? If yes, what are general impressions about this model and what are you using for towing this monster? I have 2002 Silverado 3500HD cc lb 4x4.
Will this car be able tow it? Do I need to add some performance packages (like banks power boss) to get more power?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,

John

cowboywildbill
11-30-2005, 15:48
Hi, Find out what the 5th wheel trailer weight will be when it is loaded with your gear & tools, car, Water and so on. Then add that weight to the weight of your pickup with full fuel ect. The total weight of both truck and trailer together shouldn't exceed your total gross vehicle weight that is listed in your owners manual. If you are within the limits your truck should pull it fine. As for power, check out the duramax page on the forum. Good luck.

a5150nut
11-30-2005, 20:33
You might check in at RV.com in their 5th wheel forum. Lots of fiver owners there.