PDA

View Full Version : superchips progtamer

Rocinante
04-08-2005, 10:26
OOPS... I have a 2003 D-MAX - not a time machine! Also, my Travel trailer is between 11,500 and 12,000 lbs.

Thanks

DmaxMaverick
04-08-2005, 13:48
Welcome to the forums, Rocinante!

Too funny. I'd rather have the time machine.

Just a note:
You can edit your posts by clicking on the paper/pencil icon at the top of the post. You can also delete the post on the same page. If you delete the opening post, it will delete the entire thread.

I don't have a Superchips, so I can't help you with that. You will find that mileage [claims] are very subjective. Mileage is a very individual statistic, and depends too much on driving habits to make it typical. It is best to judge your mileage only against your own experience. It is good for tracking trends and problems, though.

Good luck finding your answers.

rjwest
04-13-2005, 13:56
Are you the person who writes the Articles in Trailer Life...?

Rocinante
04-13-2005, 14:16
No, I'm just trying to see if anyone has any experience with the Superchips programer. Most folks here seem to favor other chips/programers, but they seem more interested in performance/speed than I am. I am probably one of the few who are satisfied with my truck's peformance - I want to improve MPG not MPH.

david
04-13-2005, 21:39
I saw some thing interesting , it is called the duraminamizer(sp).
Do a search on it.
If you need full power you put 12volts to one wire with a switch and you are normal again. :eek:

cmonroe97
04-14-2005, 06:24
I have a hypertech set at the highest setting and I get about two miles more a gal.when I'm not towing. But the power is wonderful weather I'm towing or not. I have 02 6.6 max. with 70000 MI

More Power
04-14-2005, 07:17
The article we did on Programmers (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/programmers.htm) recently included all of the units that we had access to at the time. A number of additional vendors/manufacturers were contacted a couple months before that article was written, but only those represented chose to participate. All five programmers shown in the piece were returned to the vendor/manufacturer. I would have liked to include the other programmers we know about, but....

MP

Rocinante
04-15-2005, 09:39
Thanks David,
When I first read your reply I kinda thought... lets get this "newbe" going, but I did a search and indeed found a Duraminizer on the market! Sorry for doubting your reply. It doesn't seem to do what I want, very little info about it, reduce HP up to 50% and reduce air usage for special use in industrial applications. They gave no torque specifications or fuel use.

I sent a question to Superchips tech support and asked about inaccurate readings for MPG, gallons used and range. Their reply was "True - MPG reads high, and all other programers and chips do the same"

A second reply states "I