PDA

View Full Version : 5th wheel/ gooseneck

fogg65td
07-21-2004, 10:26
I know ive seen a few setups that allow you to change from gooseneck to 5th wheel with the same rails. has anyone ever used one of these systems and what do they think of them. It would be goin on my chevy but used in a towing/recovery business, so size and quick change is an important factor for me. thanks

DBlake
07-21-2004, 13:29
Check out the B&W Turnoverball with the Companion 5th wheel hitch. No rails, underbed mounting to the frame, and a quick changeout. I don't think its allowed to post a web site but just add a www. in the front and a .com to the back of Turnoverball or call (800) 248-6564. I have one and it works as advertised.

[ 07-22-2004, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: DBlake ]

billnourse
07-23-2004, 05:33
I have the Reese rails with a 16K Reese 5th wheel hitch with slider, and a "Reese Goose" gooseneck hitch rated at 30,000lbs. To change just requires the pulling of 4 pins and lifting one hitch out and putting the other in. Takes 5 minutes to change from Goose to 5th Wheel. When not in use the rails are almost flat in the bed.

Regards,

Bill

Turbine Doc
07-23-2004, 18:27
Check out www.putnamhitch.com (http://www.putnamhitch.com) look at the lock & load set up, the ball is spring loaded in a socket under the bed with a support tied to the frame.

It sits flat when not in use and covered with a oring sealed cap to keep out the crud.

You keep full use of the bed no slider to mess with, an adapter is available to make it 5th wheel compatable. I don't know about that feature as I don't have 5th wheel rig yet; but for my GN trailer I could not be more pleased with the set up