PDA

View Full Version : posted 02-18-2005

Barry Nave
03-19-2005, 04:19
NO BOOST :confused:
code 62. Waited to R&R solenoid.No luck.
Had bypassed to run boost. Up till now I had no 62 with having just the solenoid hooked up.
Now back to Shuck.(or others) what did you fine?
Been through system and very :confused:
So it looks like i'm bringing this up again.
Shuck,was it PCM/ECM.
I'm lost hear guys.
Just when I thought no problem was to hard to over come :rolleyes: I will lower myself to ALL :D

Barry Nave
03-19-2005, 08:32
Also, any ideal why I would have 62 with by-pass on the waste gate? I do have JK boost control. Wonder? Take it off? knowing that many run Bill's waste control, been searching ways to let the ECM not feed code back.
I am also with Ron,fix the ECM control ways of controling the boost. Then when I get to the point of no return, :mad: Call BILL ;)

charliepeterson
03-21-2005, 19:45
It sounds like the ECM lost the reference signal. This is only five volts and it should be in the "C" connector. Do you have the Baro. sensor on the fire wall? If you do this signal goes through here too.

Barry Nave
03-22-2005, 02:37
Do have the Baro. Can this go bad and what does this control? This is one item that has never been touched.

rjwest
03-22-2005, 03:21
Had a no start while I was messing with the " boost fooler "

I was experimenting with a home built boost fooler and when i reinstalled the " Kennedy boost fooler" truck would not start.Glow plugs did not cycle fully either.
Also had lower than expected baro reading( 8.0 )
static. But no codes or history data. unplugged everything, let truck sit,
adjusted bbaro to 12.o static, truck started , but a little hard, after that alls well. re adjusted
static boost to 11.0, still OK.

Do not know exact sequence ( bad / old memory )
May have left key on and let glow plugs cycle out.
the first time, In Fl, if you let glow cycle
complete and don't start, than key off/on does not always give you a complete cycle the next time.

Not sure why "no start" , may be PCM rembers something about boost fooler, or it was operator error .

Barry Nave
03-23-2005, 03:39
Also have JK boost. Glow cycle OK. Code went away,say has not turned on ses. Code still in memery. Have not removed the boost, by JK to see if that makes any difference.(were can one fined more than 24 hrs. in a day :rolleyes: )
Did not know the Baro can be ADJ. or tuned.

DChristie
03-24-2005, 05:09
I got a code 62 also while I was messing with my homebrewed boost-fooler, turned out I had a broken connection during a test drive. I used a potentiometer from R-shack. For a few days after I it turned down too far, that made for really hard starts.(Lots of chuffing) Turned it up and no starting problems, and no codes above seventy-five mph.

I have the K-type T-couple and gage, now I just need a free weekend to install it. Thanks in advance for all the info available about drilling with the engine running to blow chips out. I was going to try a couple of ring magnets on the bit to collect chips but wasn't 100% certain of the reliability of that.

Donald T