PDA

View Full Version : any idea's??

GMC-YA
05-02-2005, 15:14
I just bought a office or site trailer at an auction, it's about 30' long but only has 1 axle.
any idea what the weight might be? single axle would that be about 3500-4500 lbs? I'm mostly concerned with touge weight. It came with only a bill of sale, and nothing else. thanks for any help with this ! OH-yeah it's just going on a one way 100mi trip to my camp.

tanker
05-03-2005, 00:43
An office trailer can be heavy, and the axle could be rated higher, what type of wheels?, tires?, Hitch? pintle? ball coupler? Size of frame channels.
Might help to know some of these. smile.gif

Jim Brzozowski
05-06-2005, 08:41
Tanker, are you running extra springs or air bags in the rear or what, to haul what your hauling seems like it would be a pretty good load on the stock springs. How far can you go with that 98 TF extra tank?

tanker
05-06-2005, 12:48
I have one extra main leaf, and one single helper spring, stock from GM. Mine is a 3500 single rear wheel with 9900lb GVW, so it should handle it well. I've only moved it around my place without the weight distributing bars, and it doesn't sag much at all. So when we hitch up next week for its maiden trip we'll se how it handles. I did tow it with my 6.5 suburban for two seasons, but it lacked power for any serious mountains.
The 98 gallon tank is working well, along with the 34 gallon GM tank. It keeps filling the main GM tank when it gets down to 29 gallons, then brings it up to 31 gallons. The 132 gallon total is great. I pay about 30 cents less per gallon when I go to Virginia about once a month, so someday it might pay for itself.
How far can I go? Solo and not going over 65mph I could go about 2500 miles. I'm thinking more about $$$ savings per gallon than range, I still have to stop and "P--" every so often :D