Tough Guy
10-27-2003, 15:34
Have any of you fellas used these?
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=3950

Whats good for the money?

Thanks,

CntrlCalDmax
10-27-2003, 16:32
I just purchased one for a 30' Sunnybrook. It installed easily, nicely folded out of the box. I think taking it off and trying to fold it will be a problem. Then reinstalling without it being folded neatly could be a problem. I do like how it fits and it has zippers on the door side only for access.

Sneaks
10-27-2003, 16:51
I bought one, drove out to the storage facility and suddenly realized I had overlooked a few critical factors:
1) I needed a good tall step ladder to comfortably get that puppy up on the roof. The little wussie ladder just didn't hack it.

2) Ain't no way am I gonna be able to fold it up and put it back in the box it came in for storage even if I could remember how I unfolded it.

3) With any wind at all, I would need at least one helper. Especially the second time I put it on.

4) In my wind whipped storage location tears are inevitable.

I never opened the box up. Returned it to Camping World and rationalized it this way:

For the price of the cover I could get my 5'er professionally cleaned and waxed at least twice, maybe three times. That represents two years, maybe three years of use and I doubted the cover would last that long.

YMMV :confused:

keywest
10-27-2003, 17:55
I used a Tyvek cover on my Center Console Boat & it ripped up in several places where there was any contact point.
It's nice & lightweight but was'nt rugged enough for me.
Paul

SS396
10-28-2003, 12:38
I bought one but haven't installed yet, still using the 5'ver.

The biggest problems I can see are the radio antenna and trying to lay it out on the roof. Need a big ladder and a small wife (she will be the one on the roof unfolding it).

Looks to be a hassle but with the wind, rain and fir needles where I live, one needs something.

Curious what others have to say about it.

Inspector
10-28-2003, 18:46
I have one for my fiver. Used it last year and it held up well. It is very fragile in my opinion. Sharp corners need to be protected. The first one I bought I took back because of a tear. The one I have now has a small wear through area. I park my trailer in a protected area so the damage may be much less then could have been last winter.
Denny

tanker
10-31-2003, 02:08
I had one "Addco"? brand, for my 30' Jayco. Used it for 5-6 years each winter, easy to install (after the first time tongue.gif ) The only thing you have to watch is sharp objects, such as antenna's, stabilizer jacks, sewer tube bumper etc, or when the wind blows it can tear. Pad them with something. The tear does not continue though, because of the way the fabric is woven. Watch when you store it when not in use. The mice got in mine the last summer and chewed holes in it so its a gonner. :eek:
We just bought a new Holiday Rambler 34'TT and I bought a new cover for it, but haven't stored the trailer yet. When making a purchase, buy the ones that have zippers so that you can access your trailer doors without a big deal.
They keep the polution off the paint, and don't scratch as they are soft on the inside. Do not use a plastic tarp (like those cheap blue things :rolleyes: ) they will scratch and rub the paint off your rig. smile.gif

autocrosser
11-03-2003, 11:11
I bought one a couple of years ago and used it over the winter. Every place there was contact with a non rounded surface is a potential wear point. I ended up with several tears due to wind causing rubbing. It was a waste of money unless the trailer is stored insde and then why would you need it?