PDA

View Full Version : Brake Controller Location Options

TurboDiverArt
03-03-2004, 17:57
Hi All,

Looking for suggestions and pictures if possible for where people have mounted their brake controllers. I have a 1999 Suburban with bucket seats. Since the dash is so curved, where the heck can you mount it? I

tanker
03-05-2004, 03:31
Art, You can mount it anywhere it is convient for you to reach in an emergency situation. I have mine and my past vehicle under the dash to the right of the steering column. Yes I drilled holes, but its there to stay. If the next owner doesn't like where I located it, he can move it. Its been there for almost 9 years, and may be there forever.
Next to your seat is fine if you have the room and it doesn't get knocked around and moved. smile.gif

saywhat
03-05-2004, 06:50
I mounted my Prodigy left of the steering wheel and up high,almost even with armrest.Visualability is excellant,hardly have to move arm or hand to activate or adjust settings.I used the holster provided,make sure you do not exceed the 70 degree angle per instructions.There will be two small holes left if you remove it but so what,at least it is mounted in the most functional place I have seen yet.

Dewey Faircloth
03-05-2004, 20:26
Put mine on the console by the front edge of seat,
has worked good for me ten years.
Easy to reach.

TurboDiverArt
03-15-2004, 12:08
Originally posted by saywhat:
I mounted my Prodigy left of the steering wheel and up high,almost even with armrest.Visualability is excellant,hardly have to move arm or hand to activate or adjust settings.I used the holster provided,make sure you do not exceed the 70 degree angle per instructions.There will be two small holes left if you remove it but so what,at least it is mounted in the most functional place I have seen yet. Well I mounted mine this weekend. I decided what the hell, I don't plan on selling the truck anytime soon so damn the screw holes in the dash! My dash doesn't have too many flat spots so finding a place where I could mount it level side to side was easy. Either mount it to the bottom of the dash where I'd never be able to reach it or mount it basically below the radio. Nice small flat area below the CD player but above the lighters. Easy reach by me or the passenger and can still eject the CD's without problems. It's mounted on about a 20-30 degree down angle so I should not have any problems going up or down hills. It's also up high enough that I can get under the dash without banging my head on it as well as can slide from the drivers seat to the passengers seat without smashing my knees. My only fear now is that I'll spill coffee on it when I retrieve my large Dunkin Dounut coffee from the in-dash cup holder. :cool:

Art.