PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy brake controller not working

finnster
04-03-2004, 09:10
vehical:2001 2500 HD with towing package
trailer: 31g prowler previously worked fine.
Problem: prodigy showes "PL" at all times. trouble shooting guide says "power interruption while brake pedal is depressed". This is how I wired it. GM six pin connector plugged into the convenience center, second cavity from the left on the top. GM blue wire connected to prodigy blue. GM red conected to prodigy red. prodigy black through fire wall,14 gage wire, to the "power block/fusable link" red plastic box directly off positive batt terminal. white from prodigy through fire wall,14 gage wire, to bolt holding bracket for ground plate used for jump starting. the three smaller ga wires from the GM connector , LT blue black and brown, were not used. plugged in controller "PL". Hooked up to trailer, brake lights and turn signals worked no marker lights. Manual lever not working, however when adjusting power level brakes would come on, but not enough power to lock them up.
What did I do wrong??? How can I fix it??? :confused: :confused:

tpitt
04-03-2004, 11:16
If my memory serves me right, you have to use their instructions on the yellow tag. The colors are not the same. I also believe you can go on prodigy's web site for the instructions. I have to wire my 2004 and am going to try to get the information from their site. I don't think I can find the instructions from when I did my 02. The 04 is different anyway. tpitt
The site is www.tekonsha.com (http://www.tekonsha.com) You have to navigate around it a little, but its not too confusing. I just downloaded everything I need to know to wire my 04

[ 04-03-2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: tpitt ]

finnster
04-04-2004, 04:54
Thanks. Found it on the tekonsha web site. I don't know why I missed it the first time!!! It would have been usefull to have the OEM brake control wiring harness chart included in the box!!!!
correct OE harness for chevy 1999-2002
Red-black +12 volts
lt blue-red stop light
black-white ground
dark blue-blue trailer brakes
brown-N/A