PDA

View Full Version : air ride hitches

rdanley
09-03-2004, 18:49
i would like to know if anyone is using the air ride hitches made by easy rider or advanced air ride. i am interested in purchasing the fiver and the reciever mount hitch. what does everyone think about this product.

09-04-2004, 01:38
Don't know much about those products but I did have a TrailAir pinbox on my previous 34' Carriage LS and felt it gave a little too much fore and aft surging. I am seriously looking at the Trailersaver air hitch for use on my 36' Carriage. These only have 1/8" of forward to rear movement for all 4" of up and down travel.

White Truck
09-04-2004, 19:31
I have an Easy Rider on my gooseneck flatbed trailer. It made a significant improvement in the ride. It takes the jolt out of sharp bumps such as railroad crossings, pavement joints, etc. There are some roads than I only feel the bumps in the truck, and don't notice anything when the trailer hits them. You still feel the lateral tugs that the trailer causes, but this are not sharp like what are induced from bumps. I can't imagine not having one after using mine for a couple of years.

sonofagun
09-09-2004, 09:12
I have the Trailair System on my truck. It works very well. I don't have any surging but I do know that the weight of your kingpin determines the size airbag you need. If it surges just call them and they will send out a different size bag. The Unit needs to be charged to 100 lbs of pressure when it is properly leveled. Too little air and it will surge. Too much and it's too rough.

Regards,
Bob