PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Diesel Technology Forum's Annual Meeting

More Power
01-19-2006, 15:46
Diesel Technology Forum
2005 Annual Meeting (http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/dtforum.htm)

Now more than 5 years old, the Washington, DC based Diesel Technology Forum was created to highlight the economic importance of, and push for, continued development of clean diesel technology. Find out what we learned while attending the 2005 meeting.

LanduytG
01-24-2006, 19:03
Great article MP. You clean up pretty good!!! :D

Greg

More Power
01-24-2006, 21:56
Bluejeans and a ball cap just wouldn't cut it! :D Speaking to a suit & tie group was an experience, but one thing we all had in common was an interest in diesel engines.

While there, I spoke with a Detroit Diesel rep about their 4.0L 210 hp Delta V-6 common-rail diesel engine that had been tested in a Durango back in 2000. I had taken along some literature about their engine, so I asked him what became of the program, since it hadn't appeared in any production vehicles. In short - there were no buyers.

The technology exists today to meet the 2010 emissions regulations. Cold feet among the auto manufacturers is what's holding it all back.

For whatever reason, all of the manufacturers are waiting for Ford to break the ice (take the initial risks) with a consumer diesel. I did my best to convince those who attended that a diesel Suburban would sell well.....

Jim