PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Predator power programmer

markrinker
05-11-2005, 12:56
Anyone have experience using this programmer on a 6.0L gas? If so, what were your finds for improving performance?

My understanding is it gives you some degree of control over fuel and timing within certaing parameters, I am looking for guidance.

[ 05-11-2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

Kollin Syverson
05-28-2005, 05:27
Mark, I just installed one on my 6.0 yesterday, all I can say is WOW. It really woke this engine up. I installed the 87 octane tune and removed the torque management.

[ 05-28-2005, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: Kollin Syverson ]

markrinker
05-28-2005, 13:15
I got my tuner cheap on Ebay, but it was permanently serialized to the original vehicle. Returned it for a credit.

I guess earlier models (2003?) were done this way by Diablo. The later models can be sold and re-used on another vehicle if the original vehicle is returned to 'stock' settings.

Based on your findings, I'll probably buy a new one at list price once I get the refund.

Have you done intake and exhaust mods yet? Mine really helped low end performance.

Kollin Syverson
05-28-2005, 20:52
I wont be doing any more mods, my truck is stock other than the predator. That gave me all the performance I was looking for plus gained me about 3 MPG. I ordered mine from Tbyrne Motorsports who is an advertiser over at www.gm-trucks.com (http://www.gm-trucks.com)