PDA

View Full Version : Truck Pulls yesterday

markrinker
07-17-2005, 04:58
Entered trucks #2 (diesel) and #3 (gasser) in local county fair pull yesterday. Didn't win any of the 3 classes, but placed well.

#2 pulled 162 ft. in the 9000lb diesel class. Used 2K lbs bagged salt for extra weight. There were many 'tuned' Duramax's, Dodges and Powerstrokes belching smoke through pipes big enough to lose another baby Jessica into.

The funny thing about the 6.5 is how well it performs with so little fanfare. It just gets the job done and goes back to daily driver status. I am proud of that. I am sure many of the winning trucks were running tunes that would never be used for street use.

#3 pulled both in the Stock 6500# class, and as an exhibition only in the Street Legal 6500# with the Diablo Predator 95 octane tune installed. It went 195 feet in the first class and 160 feet in the second - as the sled was set MUCH heavier. In both cases, I never saw the 6.0 gasser get into the power band. Too much traction kept it lugging the whole pull - its alot more fun to watch when you're banging off the rev limiter, but the results of 'slow and steady' are often the same with less broken parts.

Anyway - if you get a chance to pull your 6.0 gasser this summer - DO IT! You might be 'hooked' after that. I know I am.