PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a new motor

dunn701
08-12-2003, 09:35
Im looking at swaping a gas for diesel into an 83 Chev. truck. I have an 82 suburban for the swap with a 6.2 that ins't worth the rebuild. I am thinking of purchasing a 6.5 for the swap. How many of my 6.2 parts will work on a 6.5 short block? Will the banks tubro swap over. Has any one heard of a place that bought a bunch of Gm diesels that were sitting out side and rusted a bit. Sounds like they bought them at a govt. auction. They referbished them and are now selling them on the internet. www.gm-diesel-engins.com (http://www.gm-diesel-engins.com) Thanks for your input Riley

britannic
08-12-2003, 10:32
Most everything will swap over, the blocks are identical (except for some enhancements and the bigger displacement etc.) with the exception of the oil supply for the turbo being located in the valley and the later rocker covers having a grommet for the CDR.

The turbo kit is a bolt on, although you'll have to reuse the intake manifold if you want to keep the Banks plenum chamber - if you have the 6.5LTD plenum, you could adapt it though.