PDA

View Full Version : Cyl Head Pre Cups

painthorsman
08-27-2003, 17:15
Does anyone know where I can get pre cups for a 1982 6.2L? The ones in mine are stainless steel, I think... pretty shiny compaired to the cyl head metal.. I have one that is cracked almost to the fire ring mark that the head gasket wire makes. The local parts houses are a big -0- in that dept. In fact a couple of the "kids" that work in one of them look at me like I'm from "what planet?" when I ask for 6.2 stuff

CleviteKid
08-29-2003, 08:38
Any of our vendors want to sell parts to this member? Post your offer HERE ! ! !

Dr. Lee :cool:

painthorsman
09-02-2003, 06:57
Thanks for the try Dr. Lee smile.gif
I called DD (Avant) and talked to Benny. He had me look for small dots on the face of the pre chamber... I told him there were none... He did some checking and found that the earliest 6.2 engine pre chambers had no identifying marks and were made of a stainless steel alloy. He sent me one friday and I should have it today!!! Yippie! maybe I can finish the engine this week :D

CleviteKid
09-02-2003, 09:10
Thanx, Benny.

We have a good collection of vendors and advertisers supporting TheDieselPage.com and our Members. They don't get thanked as often as they deserve.

Dr. Lee :D