PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fuel Pump

Subzilla
03-01-2004, 12:53
Greetings Doc,
As part of my old engine enhancement, I decided to install an electric fuel pump using your past how-to article. My '83 has the 2 filters with the fuel pump in between so I mounted my electric pump on the fire wall, also in between the filters. After some thought, I wondered if this is such a good place due to 2 things: potential sound into the cab and underhood heat. I haven't tested it, yet, as I'm in the middle of reassembling/replacing various parts including timing gears, harmonic dampener, injector pump, etc... Your thoughts, please.

CleviteKid
03-02-2004, 06:26
Hi Mark,

Sounds like you have major upgrades underway. You will only hear the electric fuel pump before you start the engine; it will be drowned out by beautiful engine sounds afterwards. And it draws so little current that I don't think you need to worry about temperatures.

Putting it after the primary filter and before the secondary filter is an excellent choice. Let us know how everything works out.

Dr. Lee :cool:

Subzilla
03-02-2004, 09:30
Ahhh, music to my ears. I was hoping you would say that. Sometimes I actually do make good decisions all by myself! Thanks a bunch.