PDA

View Full Version : letting turbo cool

alberta
03-22-2004, 20:47
Lee the last turbo I had{Ford Power Stroke},I would let idle for several minutes after coming to a stop to protect the turbo.I don't see any such caution in the info I obtained with my 04 D/A LLY.Can I dispence with this onerous pratice?I tow a 11000lb.boat trailer. kevin

CleviteKid
03-23-2004, 05:22
Could you tell me what this "turbo" thing is? I checked the owners manual AND the factory shop manual for my 1984 diesel, and the word was nowhere to be found. :D

Someone else who has a Duramax may be able to help, but if yours has a water-cooled center section, then it probably does not need a post-driving cool-down.

Dr. Lee :cool:

moondoggie
03-23-2004, 07:46
Good Day!

You might want to post your question on the Duramax 6600 forum. Dr. Lee knows all, but he doesn't own a truck like yours - his is a 1984 C10 with probably the nicest 6.2 ever built. If you post in the Duramax 6600 forum, there are a few thousand of us who will see your topic, & hopefully help. ;)

You might additionally want to click on "my profile" & let us know what year, etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044